Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 23: Camping.

*Originally Written on Thursday, August 23, at 11:04pm*


Whenever the snow covers the ground, Jason and I start making summer plans and talking with great excitement about the many adventures we will have when the sun is once again shining.  Camping is one of those topics that often comes up.

I’m convinced that camping is exactly like labour.  For some bizarre, biological reason, as soon as the actual trip is over you are flooded with an overwhelming amount of “happy” hormones, which make you forget the true pain-in-the-ass reality that is camping.

Seriously.  Between the packing, the unpacking, the setting up, the tearing down, the cold, the rain, the sunburns and the mother-f’ing mosquitoes, I’m quite certain that I actually hate camping. 

Of course, three days from now I will totally forget that fact….until next summer, when we do it all over again.


This blog is part of the 2012 Summer Blog Challenge (31 posts in 31 days).  To follow along with my fellow writers, visit their blogs: 

Natasha at Natural Urban Mamas
Meaghan at Magz D Life
Aramelle at One Wheeler's World
Cliff at Peer Pressure Works
Tam at Tam I Am 
Liam at In The Now 
Jessica at 2plus2X2

1 comment:

  1. Do you camp in a tent or a camper? Personally, I love camping, especially when we can get completely off the grid. We have already spent over a month in our camper this summer and have plans to go out at least another couple of times before the end of October.

    ReplyDelete