Saturday, August 23, 2014

Happy Secrets

It's been a happy day.

The kind of day that makes me really realize how blessed I am.

A day that was full of smiles,  of laughter, of sunlight,  and of living life to the fullest.

I could tell you all about my day.

But I would not be able to do it justice.

Because it was, after all, just an ordinary day.  What made it special wasn't what we did- it was who we did it with and how we did it.

And somehow I think that telling the story would rob this day of its magic. Of its simplicity.  Of the intimacy that is shared by experiencing sheer beauty in the ones you love.

So today, I am going to keep those precious details to myself. I am going to greedily relish them, cling to them, and keep them in my pocket to pull out the next time the day feels stormy.

But tonight,  I go to sleep with a full heart and a satiated soul.

And I hope you are feeling the same way.

2 comments: